2.03.2010

IT'S LIKE WE NEVER LEFT

Yes kiddies, it's that time of the year again when the batch tries to gather everyone for a group picture, a.k.a, cat herding. We've had some success in the past years, especially when many of us were still at the home office, but now that 90% of the batch is at post -- fuhgeddaboutit. This myfacester craze on the interweb that the kids are talking about has helped us come together somewhat, and every year there still seems to be a healthy debate within the batch as to what the "theme" of the photos should be. Trouble is, everyone now appears to be so engrossed with Farmvi...er, busy at work that the pictures sent in from supposedly far-off and exotic posts - how shall we put this - LOOK LIKE THEY WERE JUST TAKEN AT OUR PASAY OFFICES FIVE YEARS YEARS AGO!

(AND NO, I'M NOT SAYING WE LOOK LIKE WE HAVEN'T AGED!!!)

Thus:



Where the Picture was Supposedly Taken - San Francisco
Where I Think it was Actually Taken -

A model unit for condominuim development along Roxas Boulevard (complete with overly-aggressive saleslady)



Where the Picture was Supposedly Taken - Vancouver
Where I Think it was Actually Taken -

The Home Office Passport section (when you need the right shade of royal blue background)



Where the Picture was Supposedly Taken - Madrid

Where I Think It was Actually Taken -

With affidavit in hand and enticing look in the eye, like at one of the "mixer" places along Libertad.



Where the Photo was Supposedly Taken - Dubai
Where I think it was Actually Taken -

The home office roof deck, the one that overlooks Ms. Universal (if you know my batchmate above, you know this to be probably true)



Where the Photo was Supposedly Taken - Singapore
Where I think the Photo was Actually Taken -

That...ahem...drive-in...um..."establishment" across the "mixers" along Libertad.



I mean, where's the effort?! Where's the imagination?! Where are the freakin' landmarks!!!! Did anyone even bother to step outside?!? Must it be left to me again to show you how a location shoot is done!?!


Where the Picture was Supposedly Taken - London
Where the Picture was Actually Taken -





...er....the conference room at my old office in Pasay, together with the only remaining un-posted batchmates.

(did I fail to mention I'm in Manila right now? I thought the foreshadowing alert from the previous blogpost took care of that.)

So...um...yeah!! Great work, batch! Wonderful pics once more! Let's do this again next year! And let our theme then be "office pantries", or something exotic like that.

No comments: