8.23.2007

LLDD: MEDIA WHORE

After the AMM, the LLDD did what anyone would do after taking part in a hugely successful public event: try to cash in and go on a self-promoting publicity tour.

Well, no, not really. It just so happened that I got involved in several . . . ok, a few . . . ok, ok, two media things right around the time of the AMM. The first was a human interest article prepared by the AMM organizers about the "Best and the Brightest" people involved in the event. Moi was picked to represent the LOs and quoted with stuff like "Our duties require resourcefulness and flexibility because, to our principal, we are the face of Philippine hospitality" (yes . . . I really talk like that). The hope was that a newspaper or magazine would pick up the story, print the piece, raise local awareness of the AMM, and reality shows would follow suit. Unfortunately, the article never got picked up by any media outlet, so instead of my LO adventures appearing in a publication with a circulation of millions, I was posted on a PICC bulletin board with a circulation of from the dining area to the men's room. (that's me at the left most, second from the bottom; there's no mistaking that double chin silhouette)

The second part of the media frenzy (ha!) was the the long awaited debut of the LLDDL in a fashion magazine. The photos from our shoot last June actually made the final cut, and sales of the magazine predictably spiked (mainly from all the issues we bought for our friends and relatives; I tried to keep the thing a secret from the office, but got called out by a boss who saw the pictures in - gasp! - a beauty parlor). As you can see, my picture looks as ridiculous as I thought it would. The LLDDL's, on the other hand, is ok, but I agree with her that some of the other pictures of her taken that day were much, much nicer

(jeez, one photoshoot, and already we're divas)















BTW, guess what article immediately preceded ours in the same magazine. As in, we actually shared the same page leaf (zoom in on the magazine page if you don't believe me)...


(I mean, this is getting eerie. I might have to take out a restraining order on him pretty soon)

Anyway, 'til our next opening, dahlings. We'll do lunch.

No comments: