6.12.2009

NOW'S A GOOD A TIME AS ANY TO BREAK OUT A "BLOODY" TRAVEL ADVISORY

To wit, that bloody tube strike was a bloody inconvenience to every bloody one of us. On my part, I left work late hoping most of the chaos and congestion had eased, but no such luck as full bus after bus after bus after bus passed by without bothering to stop. When one did stop, it was immediately swarmed by people, with the bus driver frantically yelling "those who got on through the rear door, get off the bus, NOW! I WILL NOT MOVE!!!" Not that I was one of those who tried to sneak onto the back of the bus, but the driver scared me so much I decided to take cover in the nearby movie theatre and watch "Night at the Museum" 'til it all blew over.

(10 bloody pounds to see Ben Stiller, by the way)

When I finally left the theatre, it was close to 11pm, dark outside, and the buses. . .were still full and still not stopping. But, hey, at least it started raining! I only lucked out and caught a ride thirty minutes later and arrived home close to midnight. Hai ya.


But that's just my personal experience. Let's hear what some locals think:


So, um, yeah.

But strike's now over. Both sides have been heard, operations have normalized, and all's well that ends well.



Oh, bloody naman!

No comments: