1.28.2012

MEME-ORIES, LIGHT THE CORNERS OF MY MIND. MESSY WATER COOLER MEME-ORIES....

While I've long advocated that the batch's annual around-the-world picture-picture should take place outdoors so that we can actually see what things look like, you know, around the world, I won't complain about this year's office mess meme-theme. It warmed my heart to see rooms were shambolic everywhere, and the corresponding crossfire comments on Facebook were sufficiently sarcastic and/or self-loathing to make me feel much better about my own squalor. Thanks, Batch!

Madrid


"My desk looks 'busy' because I haven't filed anything since 2011"
"Malamig? No heater?"

Singapore

"It is not my fault that IKEA had a pink-and-purple color theme going on the last time I went shopping for office decor."
"Ask your staff to give you folders only in purple"


San Francisco


"how does he get into his desk?"
"Pareho kami ng tanong. The answer: MAGIC!"
‎"With style. Always with style."



"Nagpose lang"
"I have to say - ang payat mo na. Nakakainis ka. Wag ka tatabi sa akin."
"I was more concerned about my pimple rather than what my desk looks like"

Canberra

"he looks serious"
"I've found that babies in the office are very useful for stamp and envelope moistening"
"With him at work, I have mastered how to type with one hand. Next time I rapporteur, I can bring him along."


"He hasn't aged a day (damn him)"

Islamabad


"Plantsadong plantsadong si mister. Wacky shot naman dyan!"
"Mahirap nang magpakuha ng wacky shot. Baka di na ako igalang ng local hire namin"

Vancouver

(no comments posted yet, but I would say that blue folder just plain gave up and burst its guts out)

Agana

"anlinis o!"
"totoo ba yan?"
"Maximalist painting! I remembered something from cadetship!"

Hong Kong

"I can understand the masks and the Palawan pic but a chicken on your desk??? what the.."

Dubai

"I am scarred by the thought that he actually has a Jacuzzi in his bathroom"
"I thought you were going to pose IN the jacuzzi"
"It's a picture of a bathtub, yet i feel so...dirty"

Athens (newly assigned batchmate first reporting for duty that day)

"Amoy pintura pa ba?"

London

"Because my desk's too messy to Plank, and because I want to see our Dubai batchmate Leisure Dive into his office jacuzzi"


O, 'di-Bow? Sa uulitin batch!


No comments: