10.12.2014

BARYA BARYA LANG



So I had a chance to visit the place where they make coins and medals for all over the world, and let me tell you...it was effing metal.   

Yes, you saw that pun a mile away, but you could in fact totally geek out at the mint.  The reinforced walls, beefed-up security and sufficient on-site catering immediately reassure you that you're in as good a place as any should the zombie apocalypse happen outside, like right now (for her part, the LLDD-Hyphen-L knows well enough to head to the big Westfield mall near our house and communicate with me through the Zara online shopping website).  The place also rolled out a couple of nice touches for our visit, including displaying the national flag while we toured...


if I do become a zombie during the apocalypse, I call dibs on the one at the bottom right 


...letting us hold - but strictly not wear - a genuine Olympic gold medal...


although I clearly deserve one for "Sweetest Tie-Vest Combo"


...and blinging up Gromit.

daaaaawwwwggg 


Then, once you get to the manufacturing facility itself, the role-playing fantasy possibilities become endless: you can try something current, say, Bilbo searching for the ring within Smaug's mountain of gold...

   

precioussssssss

...or something old-school, like Matutina sweeping a fortune off Dely Atay-atayan's couch and floors 


kaya John, mag-bloody sumikap ka


Hey, since you're here, why don't I show you my UK loose change collection?  (for some reason, this is not a hit when I pull it out at cocktail parties)   So far, I've got me a bunch of historic two-pounders...



...a couple of quirky quids....


...some sporty 50's...



...and one of these..


yeah, I still don't get it

No comments: