4.03.2016

THE DORK AWAKENS

So the Star Wars Expanded Universe has expanded even further into my work/life...And I like it!

First, the law firm where I used to work invited me to attend their 35th anniversary celebration, and while it was a fairly straightforward affair not that much different from the other formal receptions I've attended, it had two exceptional shout-outs: 1) out of maybe 500 guests, the emcee did just one of those "we'd like to acknowledge the presence of..." announcements -- to me! (I was the only one to come in a short-sleeve office barong, I guess?); and 2) the grand ballroom big-screens and sound system proudly declared that the law firm was founded the same time as the premier of...Empire Strikes Back!

It was my destiny


A few weeks after that, the LLDD-Baby was invited to her first ever Star Wars-themed birthday party, just like I she always wanted! And let me say, the parents kids were so happy to bring their A-costume game!


Even Chewie got a medal


Then in the happiest/most surreal plot-twist ending of all, parties at my office now apparently carry movie-themes -- with a recent senior officer's despedida setting the Gold Squadron standard.  Let's see...

...it had some junior officer force-choking...



...a framed portrait of the celebrant that CGI-ed Hayden Christensen the hell out of there...



...Rey scavenging some lechon...



...some flexin' Imperial Guard wannabes (made up of the celebrant and the Department's Zumba instructor, obviously)...



...a re-enactment of the "Let me look on you with my own eyes" scene, with a low-rider Stormtrooper giving notes...



...and, why the hell not, all the bad guys grooving to a mariachi band.


So overall, not quite the Cantina, but glorious nonetheless


No comments: