10.18.2017

IT'S THE NEXT SIX YEARS (OR LESS), I MUST BE IN ...SYDNEY!

G'day, y'all! Yes, the Dorky Diplomat is...Down Under! I've been assigned to the Philippine Consulate General in (*ms. universe contestant voice*) Sydneeey, Australiaaaaa! So much to see, so much to do, so much of that Simpsons episode to verify.

yep

But also, so much work! I fly overnight from Manila and arrive 7:00 in the morning local time, then immediately get whisked from the airport to my desk. Fortunately, there's no problem finding a place to freshen up or dump my stuff, as my new office sits right below the hotel where I'm billeted... 
    

Travelodge-upon-Consulate!

At the end of the workday, I decide to stay woke and jolt my body clock to Sydney time by exploring the neighborhood around the Consulate. Starting from my hotel room, I get my first view of the city...


...then head off to a nearby park. 






   night noodle markets and awesome statues...I like this park already

At the far end of the park, I spot a Jaeger-sized structure that calls out to me like a beacon...


...and as I approach, I notice the building base bears a familiar name -- wait, isn't Westfield a large mall chain?


...which means -- oh, no. Oh no, no, NO

please nobody tell the LLDD-Hyphen-L

No comments: