10.05.2018

SEE YA WHEN ASEAN

The University of Sydney has a great Southeast Asian studies center and when I say great it's because of a lot of things but for purposes of this post it's because I personally appreciate...


...their annual ASEAN forum that comprehensively tackles the most important concerns of the region... 


...their bringing in and utility of Filipino experts and resource speakers who you can tell are good because - oh, I don't know - they share my first name and law school...


...and perhaps most meaningful to me they are so engaged with and attuned to the Southeast Asian spirit that they know if you hold an ASEAN conference you best nail the lunch spread and lean into the region's cuisine and not just serve cheese crackers and tuna sandwich triangles and try to pass it off as a "substantial buffet" are you hearing me meetings of Western missions?!!

Great.    

No comments: