2.16.2020

AND ON SUNDAY...WE ROCKED

Hell no this wasn't just any weekend at the theater. The fam went to the Sydney staging of School of Rock because it featured a fantastic Fil-Aus kid in the pivotal Tomika role, the girl that hesitates to join the band at first and then spectacularly breaks out later. (I actually "discovered" her a couple of years ago at one of the first Fil-Com events I ever attended in Sydney; I was so impressed by her then that I bought one of the cds her mom was selling on the spot =). Her performance in School was no less awesome, her Amazing Grace solo a particularly goosebump inducing moment.     

The day was also especially enjoyable for me because it turned out especially enjoyable for the LLDD-Baby. She normally hates rock music (maybe because all the "rock" she's ever been exposed to is 80s new wave -- that's on me), but came away from School wanting to watch the original Jack Black movie and carry on head banging and face melting. The world of rock awaits. 

me: so I'm a cool dad now, right?

LLDD-Baby: we're so kicking you out of the band

No comments: