9.22.2023

TREE TO GET READY, NOW GO MANGO!

After years of waiting and LOTS of hard work, our Sydney Trade Office finally got to deliver the most awaited Fil-food news in Australia   

(non-Jollibee division) 

Yebba!  Look at all that golden-yellow goodness!  Now, they were supposed to arrive months ago in time for the start of the Australian winter, and some technical hitches kept them at bay for a while...but that only made us want them even MORE!   

and oh, Trade Office, you were such a tease about it =) 

And then...Christmas in spring suddenly arrived!  

with a world-record flex to boot!  

I was, however, still a good little boy and merely hoped but did not fully expect fresh fruit Santa to bring me the presents I wished for -- as far as I knew, these things were completely sold out even before they cleared customs.  But the Trade Office once again delivered...literally!
   
for those few wonderful minutes when the box wandered the aisles like a bayong sa palengke, everything in the office looked and smelled - as they say in Aussie slang - Sweet As. 

In an accompanying news report, one of the importers said bringing in the mangoes was "more about that nostalgia and having that family atmosphere with the taste of what they grew up with." Mismo! When I brought home and served the two precious pieces I scored, the LLDD-Baby's unfiltered, unplanned reaction to once again tasting the Philippine mangoes that - as she dramatically but accurately put it - "I haven't had for half of my life" was...emotional

wala pang bagoong 'yan

Sweet As.  

No comments: