2.03.2007

I SHALL RETURN ... TO CORREGIDOR!

So what does one do when the ASEAN and East Asian Summits are postponed for a month and has Aussie in-laws flying in in the meantime? He takes them to Corregidor, of course. I mean, who HASN'T gone to Corregidor with in-laws in between regional summits?

Anyway, the difference between my previous visit to Corregidor during cadetship, and this more recent one was like night and day. Or more appropriately, wet and dry. Or more more approriately, rain-wouldn't-stop-couldn't-see-10-feet-ahead-of-me-drenched-to-my-underwear-so-cold-had-to-take-off-my-shoes-and-socks-on-the-ferry-ride-home-and-stuff-them-with-newspapers. And dry.

Actually, not only was it dry this time, it was downright gorgeous. Bright sun, cool wind, calm sea, crotchety tour-guide. You know, gorgeous.

So I'm like MacArthur on this one. I'm glad I returned.


Two of the LLDD's nephews. Oi oi oi!


The nephews love playing with miniature war toys and watching war scenes in movies, so I imagine they really enjoyed seeing some of the real thing up close. (I mean, they'd BETTER enjoy it; the LLDD woke up really early on a Saturday to take them there)



Memorial for the Filipino soldier. Apparently, they were all shirtless with ripped abs. No wonder they kicked ass!


That's deep, man


A Chinese LLDDL pays homage at a Japanese shrine. Go figure.


I enjoy riding a long, metal barrel...(um, that didn't sound right)


Corregidork


Wile E. Coyote's long lost daughter


American War Memorial. The dome symbolizes the parachutes used by the soldiers who re-took the island. The Aussie tourist in the foreground symbolizes my brother-in-law.


The LLDDL chooses the strangest places to get glamorous


I think that's the Officer's club, but I'm not sure


The LLDDL stares down Douglas


Ack! Aussie ambush!

No comments: