10.17.2008

WE NOW RETURN TO REGULAR PROGRAMMING

I swear, the LLDDL and I won't turn into one of those couples who won't shut up in public about how hip their wedding playlist is, where they'll spend their cool honeymoon, or what's their thought process for naming their future kids.* No, the "Nuptial" posts here will be few and far between, and only if I can tie the wedding preparations to International Law. Or basketball.

I know my readers (both of you). You don't want stories of guestlists, gowns and centerpieces. You want action! You want adventure! You want: "Tales of the Recently Departed: The Glamorous Life Edition"!


(*for the record, if the LLDDL and I have girls, they'll be named Bristol, Piper and Yogurt; if boys, Dingdong, Zaido and Kamandag)



Thank God for Project Runway: Philippines then

"(This foreign diplomatic school) is professional - we have to wear suits to class everyday, its seriously a fashion show among the latinas and guys walking the thin line between european and gay every morning. Even our facilitators wear suits!!"


I am so jealous. The only offer I've ever gotten is from that Tukaan show on Channel 13


"Well, yeah, we had two Filipino heritage games, one for (baseball), and the other for (football). The organizer…wants to promote the Games via TV and wants some tv shots to show for the half-time break so yon, we shot tv commercials. All of my bosses were out so they had no one to turn to but me, the willing TV commercial model!"


No worse than some of the UAAP sideline reporting I've heard, although that's not saying much


(At a PBA exhibition game abroad) The referees SUCKED. I don't know whether they were actively biased for (the home team) or whether they were just miserable excuses for referees, because they called ten gazillion fouls on the Philippine side and like ten on the (home) side. While I have no idea what a foul actually looks like (and I guess I'll never know because whenever I watch a game everybody around me is all like "THAT REFEREE IS BLIND HOW IS THAT A FOUL") I do know that there were times I would see the teeny weeny point guard go flying in the air from an elbow in the head and everybody around me would start screaming. To be fair I thought maybe that might not count as a foul because the Philippine point guard was elbow-high to the players on the (home) side…and it would be hard NOT to elbow him in the face when his face was RIGHT THERE. But I'm not a basketball player and I don't know the rules so I don't know. Obviously this is not a very good recap."


And finally...there's a Judd Apatow movie in here somewhere


"Ako nga dito naiinis na eh - yung mga ninang at bridesmaids dikit ng dikit sa akin after the wedding and during the pictorials. hahahaah!"


No comments: