7.11.2009

I SAY, IT'S TUESDAY...I MUST BE IN GLASGOW


After Edinburgh, my group made a very quick trip to Glasgow. So quick, I really couldn't form an impression of the city, and instead kept on thinking of just one thing: when I was a kid, I had a HUGE crush on Moira Mactaggert. Maybe it was because she was a fellow geek. Maybe it was because she was into freaks and bald guys. Or maybe it was because Rogue and Dark Phoenix just looked so damn hot in their spandex that deep down I already knew that they were out of my league and would never go for a guy like me, so I had a better shot at the girl in the labcoat.




I really hope I didn't doodle "MM hearts LLDD" into my meeting notes.




Basically, our trip to Glasgow just consisted of having meetings on both sides of St. George's Square. Glasgow seemed to have a more urban, hipper feel to it than Edinburgh, and actually reminded me a lot of Seattle. I imagine this is where the cool mutants hang out while Dr. Moira and the rest of the nerds work on Muir Island.











Fortunately, one of our meetings was held in the jaw-droppingly beautiful Glasgow City Chambers (and included a tour of its stunning banquet hall). Holy cow, this is their city hall?! I can't imagine how anyone can possibly work in a place as gorgeous as this. I know I would always be too distracted to work and would just stare at the hall and wall designs until I went cross-eyed.


On the other hand, it would finally get my mind off Moira.

No comments: