12.15.2009

2009 YEAR IN REVIEW : CELEBRITY SHOWDOWN EDITION

Yes folks, it's that time again when I dump unused. . .er, list down the best photos and videos I took over the past year. First up: we determine whether the LLDD-Hyphen-L or myself had the best elbow-rubbingly moments with celebrities.


Round One : Pinoy Tandems

LLDD-Hyphen-L --- Chico and Delamar
Me --- Sarah Geronimo and Billie Joe Crawford




Analysis: I just got pulled into S & BJ's very entertaining UK show by accident, whereas the LLDD-Hyphen-L actually earned her face time with C & D by elucidating over the radio on the biggest issue of our time: Do you want Edward or Jacob for Bella?

Advantage
: LLDD-Hyphen-L. She so thoroughly enjoyed the "New Moon" premiere tickets that she won that she's now made it very clear that my happiness over the holidays directly depends on how many times I re-watch the two "Twilight" movies with her.

(help me)


Round Two : Giants of Literature


LLDD-Hyphen-L
--- The Guy Who's Now Playing Sherlock Holmes

Me --- The Author of "Superfreakanomics"




Analysis: Actually, forget Sherlock Holmes . . . that's freakin' Iron Man! On the other hand, I got to continually hum Rick James to myself throughout the "Superfreakanomics" lecture.

Advantage: None, although the LLDD-Hyphen-L would like to point out that on the same night she scoped Sherlock, she also saw Jude Law in the park square, Kiera Knightley on the stage and, for whatever reason, Gwen Stefani directly in front of the McDonald's window where we were eating.

Round Three : Personal Idols

LLDD-Hyphen-L --- Sarah Jessica Parker
Me --- A Statue of Bumblebee


Analysis: OK, clearly I'm grasping at straws in this round as my idol isn't even alive, or for that matter capable of basic movement. SJP, however, antagonized the LLDD-Hyphen-L by coming out in a mini-dress despite the freezing weather and showing off, in the LLDD-Hyphen-L's words, "Na mas maliit ang bewang at binti nya kesa sa akin! Itsura nya! Hmp!"

Advantage: Me. See, that's the thing about having an inanimate idol. You won't hear me hissing that my forehead is wider and more shiny than an Autobot.




WINNER : As always, the LLDD-Hyphen-L. If you recall the last post, she actually got the fondle Hugh Grant.


Whereas the closest I've gotten to caressing a celebrity is running my hand up and down the smooth, smooth Hogwarts staircase.

No comments: