6.17.2011

YOU KNOW WHERE TO REACH ME, AZKALS

Note to self: if you're gonna jump on the Philippine football bandwagon, make sure you're in shape to make the leap. Otherwise...splat!
Really, what made my flabby ass think it was a good idea to challenge - on behalf of ASEAN - our UK Foreign Office counterparts to a friendly match? Watching Match of the Day, playing Wii Soccer and naming the LLDD-baby Ma. Beckham United do not make me a footballer, dammit!
Oh well. What's done is done. At least goodwill was generated and fun had by all. But, please, someone kick me in the nutmeg if I ever think of doing something like this again.
For obvious reasons, our ASEAN teammates took up the attacking skill positions, while the Philippine Embassy players stayed back in defense. Three minutes in, nakapamewang na lahat kami. You can't teach that form, you just can't.
Nobody looks at a ball he knows he can't get to with as much intensity as I do. Despite my fierce look, my thought bubble read "Please don't head towards me, please don't head towards me"

Not bad. In the heat of battle, I manage to be photographed with a Close-up smile while playing. I say that makes me as marketable as a Younghusband, no?


Final score: ASEAN 5 - UK Foreign Office 4. And only three of their goals were my fault!
(Azkals, call me!)

No comments: