1.21.2018

A MARRIAGE MADE IN MANLY

As luck would have it, a nephew of mine was getting married in Sydney soon after our arrival in the city. Happiest day of the couple's lives, for sure, but also a giddily exciting occasion for me for several reasons: First, the wedding was held on the school grounds in Manly where the couple studied and whose chapel was where Nicole and Keith got hitched and whose building served as the mansion of the Great Gatsby himself... 

so the ranking of hottest guys who've ever set foot on the grounds now goes: 1) groom 2) Keith 3) me 4) Leo

....Second, it was a chance to meet up with some relatives I haven't seen since before the LLDD-Baby was born... 

some of whom are actually cheekier than the LLDD-Baby

...And Third but not the Least, this is the first wedding I've ever been invited to that had it's own hashtag (shout out #theonlyjuanformarj) and a social media game where guests could participate and send their best pics of the wedding to said hashtag.   

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, wedding

I felt like a millennial with all the hashtags, is what I'm saying. This bodes well.

#happyeverafter

No comments: