8.28.2006

CADETSHIP

You know how when you ask people new to the workforce what they enjoyed more: life as a student or life as an employee, they all emphatically reply "student!" Probably because of the classmate cameraderie, co-eds, relative lack of responsibility, shorter hours, and the opportunity to act like an ass with little consequences.

On the other hand, ask those same people whether they want to give up their paychecks, company cars and titles like "assistant to the regional manager", and they just as emphatically give you a "hell, no!"

Well, foreign service cadetship gives you the best of both worlds. For six months, you get to come in from 9 to 4, sit through lectures, go on expense-paid field trips, even get "student" discounts at theatres, AND draw a salary, bring with you previously earned titles (lame lawyer) and get to use newly acquired ones (dorky diplomat), without actually having, you know, work.

Admittedly, it's just for six months the pay is really small, but at those hours, you have time to work on your triceps and put together a kick-ass fantasy team, so it all evens out.

Anyway, I thought I'd share same photos taken during my cadetship. There was a lot more that happened that was unfortunately not captured on film...er...pixel, but I thought these were the nicest and/or easiest to come up with witty captions to.

Feel free to come up with your own caption/comment. If they're funnier than mine, well, i hate you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good day! I am planning to take the FSE this year but I have questions that I would like to address those who already passed and had undergone the cadetship. If you may please, may I have your email so I can enumerate my concerns and questions, hoping that you could reply to them. Or you may email me at maanespinosa@gmail.com. I know you are busy but I hope you can spare me some of your time. Thank you so much and sorry for the hassle.