12.30.2007

RIZAL DAY RUCKUS

In honor of Rizal day, I give you not one, but two versions of the Philippine national anthem. Spot the solid 9 on the unintentional comedy scale:

(A) the LLDD's nephews . . . .



. . . or, (B) this gem



The correct answer, of course, is "B". I'm sorry, I know the makers meant well, but at all the moviehouses I've been to where this version is shown, the crowd breaks out in uncontrollable giggling around the 50 second mark. Maybe its the "full-emote" acting, maybe its the flaring nostrils, maybe its the megamoussed hair, can't really tell. I won't know for sure until I show up at the Department's next flag ceremony singing the anthem in a white unbuttoned shirt and tight tank top with wind machine in tow.

(And you'll forgive my nephews for flubbing some lyrics. They're in pre-school for crying out loud! What's Christian Bautista's excuse?)


That's right, baby boy. I'd hide, too


No comments: