12.05.2007

"LL" STANDS FOR "LOVES LEVI'S"










I have a confession to make.

I love Levi's.

I love them for their comfort, style and durability.

I love them for their timelessness.

I love them because I like saying "rivets".

I love them even though they launched their "shrink-to-fit" 501's in 1984 of all years (Seriously, if you're a skinny self-conscious kid in the 80's, and you need your soiree-wear as Bagets tight as possible, you don't have time to wait for your jeans to come out of the wash and shrink! I need to moonwalk, now! Really, you couldn't have launched them during my '90's thug-gangsta phase?)

I love their naughty/sexy ads. None of those annoying Gap dancing wusses.

I love that according to their website, in the 1930s, consumers complained that the metal rivets on Levi's back pockets tended to scratch furniture, saddles and car seats, so they redesigned the way the pockets were sewn, placing the rivets underneath the fabric. That's social responsibility right there, people.

As a guy, I also gotta love them for taking zippers away from where my "business" is. I can only imagine the events that inspired this.

Yes, I love Levi's as much as a man can love a centuries-old company founded by Bavarian immigrants without violating the laws of nature.

And I love them wholly, freely, unconditionally.

It has ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with this:







(next week: I profess an unhealthy lust for event organizers De La Salle Graduate School of Business, venue Aruba Bar [Mall of Asia], and secondary sponsors Bayantel Wireless, Chalk magazine, E-Aji Potato Chips and Super M Strawberry-flavored yogurt drink)

No comments: