1.26.2009

SEOUL LONG, FAREWELL




Well, my new year is off to a good start, as CRANIAL AGAIN is now on his way to Korea!

I know, I know, I'm supposed to get all touchy-feely whenever a batchmate is headed off to post, 'specially now that there are only three of us left to represent at the Home Office.
Cranial, however, is the epitome of "worthy foe", and I'd much rather he be in transit somewhere over Koreanovela-land than still facing off against this Tae Kwon-Dork. Consider:
  • I introduce him to Fantasy basketball, and he ends up winning my league in his first year. (He also holds a commanding lead in this year's league, but I think I can still win because I heard internet in Korea isn't that good.)
  • I often drew Cranial as my defensive assignment during the batch Thursday night basketball games, and he had this maddening, impossible-to-block, off-beat jump shot that would always burn me. It was like a cross between Jalen Rose, Mac-mac Cardona and a "Thriller" dance step.
  • An office typographical error of his name is holding up the promotions of the rest and the batch, and he refuses to do the right thing: change his name.
  • He was a teacher at an exclusive all-girls College.
That...that's just not fair.

So Seoul long, indeed, Cranial. If you ever find yourself gagging on your kimchi, that's just me thinking of you.




No comments: