4.17.2009

GIRL OF MY FANTASIES

At the end of another season of the MetroManilaBalls Fantasy League, top prize went to CRANIAL AGAIN. Again. Dammit. Simply nothing could dislodge him from the number one spot (although thanks to the North Koreans for trying to distract him with a missile launch).

The big story, however, is the dramatic, last-day runner-up finish of...(drumroll please)...THE LLDD-HYPHEN-L!!!



That's right, sweetie took second place, the first female ever to finish on the podium, soundly beating three former champions and four current FSOs in the process. I swear, there's no woman with a better hotness-to-Basketball I.Q. ratio than her. Damn right, I'm proud. To paraphrase Obama, "How much of a couch potato's fantasy is my wife!"




The LLDD-Hyphen-L, of course, was classy and graceful in her victory message board post: "OMG!!!....umm...how/where do i start? so this is how jennifer hudson felt when she won her 1st oscar and grammy awards! out of breath... out of words... out of... hey, wait a minute! where is my T-R-O-P-H-Y??? i want my trophy, now na! commish??? commish!!!"

(Yes, those "OMG" and Jennifer Hudson/Oscar/Grammy references will surely resonate with every guy who plays fantasy sports. My wife's breaking barriers, I'm telling you)


Indeed, this is just such a happy, historic moment, let's not mention anymore that the LLDD-Hyphen-L has beaten me - Commissioner of MetroManilaBalls - two out of the three years that she's been part of the league. Or that in my first ever Champions League (made up of winning managers from all over the world), I finished...dead last.



Just goes to show that in Fantasy, as in real life, we should all just listen to the wife.

No comments: