2.16.2012

YOU THINK?


Showing that diplomats too can be hip to this interweb fad, the image below has been doing the rounds of FSOs' facebook accounts as the profession's contribution to the "what I think I do" meme.


because "loldiplocats" was deemed too edgy


This in turn brings to my mind a story a couple of years ago when my Fil-Aussie nephews (Oi, Oi and Oi), then aged three to seven, used to visit the Philippines. To endear myself to them and seem like a cool tito, I would never fail to come home from work bearing some food pasalubong, usually sweet baked goods.

One day, their mom thought to ask them "You're uncle is a diplomat. Do you know what diplomats do?"

The second nephew (Oi), without missing a beat, replied "make doughnuts?"

*sigh*


It's a shame that's what they think I do. But I can't reveal my true identity. I just can't.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey, sometimes what I think I do and what I do jive! Bisitahin mo ako dito sa Pretoria!