4.25.2014

BALDE LIST

Today marks exactly one year left in my foreign posting.  Rather than look back at the past five years, I chose to look forward to some of the things I still have left for me in my final twelve months in the UK:
  • 2049 Nectar rewards points as of today I can still redeem 
  • 1825 portions of fruit and veg the NHS says I have to eat under its "5 a day" campaign
  • 1600 portions of chips and cider that I will consume and count towards my 5 a day
  • 1460 seasons (because London has four seasons in a day, get it?)



pictured: Tuesday
  • 700 LLDD-Baby viewings of Frozen  (take the "over")
  • 470 tube rides to/from work (should be closer to 480 but yet another series of tube strikes was announced today)
  • 150 trips to the grocery (including redeeming the two packs of gum my 2049 Nectar points are worth) 
  • 104 Euromillions jackpots to be won (all I need is one, baby!)
  • 60 consecutive quarters and counting of Philippine GDP growth
  • 52 rubbish collection days/discreet inspections of neighbours' porches to see whether paper or plastic will be collected that week
  • 38 Saturday nights spent on the couch watching "Match of the Day" (I regret nothing!)
  • 25 or so "Inspirational Messages" to be delivered at various Fil-Com events
  • 12 more haircuts (six if they raise prices again and/or '80s big-hair comes back like I know it will/should)
thank you, anak
  • 10 more times the Brita water filter at home needs to be changed
  • 7 days of British summer that are actually "hot" or have "sun"  
  • 6 Consular Outreach Missions and corresponding games of "Interesting Venue Roulette" 
the pub at the Isle of Man outreach is currently atop the leaderboard
  • 5 times I'll remember to change the Brita water filter (TBC) 
  • 4 Quarterly Report of Operations due for submission (eight, if you include those still pending from last year)
  • 3 people actually inspired by my messages
  • 2 more month-long "Sale" seasons
  • 0 Eurovision contests seen 
perhaps my one regret

No comments: