3.11.2017

THANKS FOR THE MEMO-RY

My old boss at the embassy, the former ambassador, had a running gag with all of the officers -- his dry British humor way of getting on our case about constant work. Whenever he'd see any of us in an outside-of-the-office context, he'd ask about a fictitious memo he'd supposedly been waiting ages for.

If he'd notice us walking out to get lunch, he'd shout "Where's my memo?"

If he'd see any of us appear in a picture on facebook, he'd post "I'm still waiting for my memo" in the comments section.

If we were on the sidewalk and he'd pass by us in his car, he'd mime a piece of paper with his fingers and mouth through the window "Memo!"

He'd eventually get recalled to the Home Office a year after I did, and each and every time we'd run into each other in the driveway, elevator lobby or cafeteria, he'd still have just one thing to say to me: "Where's my memo?!"

Well...as you may have recently heard....

He finally got  THE MEMO!!!


An warm official welcome ensued, and then it was straight back to business for all




psh...I knew him before he was mainstream

No comments: