11.05.2017

FIESTA OF FIRSTS

The first barrio fiesta I ever attend in Australia happens to be the first ever Filipino Fiesta staged by the Fil-com in Randwick (eastern Sydney). It's time then to break out for the first time Down Under my patented advanced Barriometrics!

Size Matters?

Compact set-up, but then again this was the first time a Barrio Fiesta was held by this Fil-Com and in this neck of Sydney, so they couldn't risk going too large. Still, I learned later that all the stalls were profitable/successful, so they seem to have hit their Goldilocks principle sweet spot. (mmmm, Goldilocks mamon


BBQi

Not a problem. Good on ya, mates.

(ooh ooh, maybe in Sydney I should rename this the "Shrimp-on-the-BBQ- index")


Bring the Kids

No funfair on site, and I'm not sure if there was a park playground nearby, but there were a lot of great cultural performances that fascinated the kiddoroos.


Fabuloos

Straightforward enough name.  I'm more curious whether it flushes counter-clockwise.


Fringe Benefits

I'm not even sure if they were part of the program, but there were a lot of Elvis and Tina sightings. Warrants further research.


Star Grazing

No celebrities from back home, but there were several local beauty pageant winners who graced and added glamour to the occasion.

And, again, I mean....

Elvis has left the kutsinta

No comments: