11.05.2017

FIND SOMEONE WHO LOVES YOU THE WAY THE SYDNEY FIL-COM LOVES MY PREDECESSOR

Even before I arrived at the Sydney Consulate, I already knew that the officer I would be numerically replacing - whom I shall call FerGer - was highly regarded in the Department and would be a hard act to follow at post. What I didn't realize coming in was how utterly beloved he was by the local Fil-Com -- as in literally every day since I arrived has seen some grand fete or tribute by the community where he is celebrated in song.  From the classics...



...to original compositions....



...to pareng Bruno...



...to (and this one hits deep) the '80s.



To top it off, FerGer is able to honor them all back: he and his lovely wife are accomplished musicians and singers in their own rights



I have to call home and warn the LLDD-Hyphen-L of the talent and performance level of our predecessor power couple.

oh sweetie, we're so screwed 

No comments: