6.01.2014

EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS EMBASSY PRESS RELEASE IS PERFECT


















I will be honest upfront: nothing I hereon write can possibly do this press release justice.  So much to see, so much going on, like so many shiny leaping multi-coloured blades of the world's most awesome Swiss army knife.

As an Information Officer myself, I am distraught that I cannot ever know the internal bliss that must come with drafting something as wonderful as this -- for I will never be able to draft anything as wonderful as this. Yet I am blessed just for having set eyes upon it, and would consider my life fulfilled if I could capture for posterity a fraction of a fraction of its gloriousness.
  • Singing Ambassadors are not unheard of, in fact I'd be more surprised if a Filipino diplomat wasn't able to break out into "Anak" during any given ASEAN conference gala.  But this...this is a whole other level.  I mean, 10 previous albums!  And dropping a new one in Luneta!  Respect.  Nay, reverence.
  • And - oh! - that backup band's name!  Please, please pleeeeeaaassse tell me Dave Barry has been informed.  
  • Where that flag is sticking out from and how it got there only adds to the mystique of it all.  Legend has it the pole was shot down from the heavens by William Tell to mark the precise location where the photoshoot should take place.  Right on the money as usual, Mr. Tell.
  • Indeed, the road chosen is of sublime width, creeping millimetre perfect up to the optimally located and heighted tree stump necessary to prop up the guitar leg. Providence, or Swiss precision? Does it matter when one is weeping tears of joy?  
  • Your eyes will understandably be drawn to the national coloured suit placed on the right.   This scheme is for your own good to keep you from tragically gazing too long at the beauty of the central green tank top -- like diverting moths away from a light or pulling Icarus from the Sun.  The press release then is both informative and protective of you.  As all press releases aspire to be.
I cannot proceed.  Each additional word I write merely reminds me that I fail to give the PR the esteem it deserves.   My humility is as deep as the Alps are high.  I must kneel on one knee.  And point afar. And place a mic to my mouth and tilt my head oh-so-perfectly.

I am at peace.

No comments: