7.21.2013

PREVIOUSLY, ON ADMIN....(APRIL)

ADMIN HIGHLIGHT-OF-THE-MONTH

It's Wednesday, I must be in Edinburgh.  Again.

I'm not complaining - because it's such a beautiful place and all - I just never thought of all the UK landmarks outside London, far-flung Edinburgh would be the one I'd get to go to over and over again. (meanwhile, nearby Slough and Staines remain unvisited to date, alas.)  This time around, we arranged a working visit and consular outreach mission, which sounds good, but all the official activities left little to no time for any extra sightseeing.  This may have been my third time to the city, but I've still seen less of kilts and castles and more of client queues and consular waiting areas.

plus, our housing loan application got rejected


LLDD-HYPHEN-L / LLDD-BABY / LONDON LIVING HIGHLIGHT-OF-THE MONTH 

The Southbank Centre staged an artsy Light Show exhibit, the highlights (har!) of which were a couple of specially rendered rooms that: 1) were surprisingly soothing to children; and 2) would make hipsters choke on their Instagram filters.




Wow, dada.  Hanep sa trip.


1 comment:

Jamaica said...

waw! that must be really cool doing your job while touring on places with your family. It's been my dream to take on a diplomatic post. By the way I'm an undergrad and it's my ultimate dream to be a diplomat too. Nice posts!