7.21.2013

PREVIOUSLY, ON ADMIN...(FEBRUARY)

ADMIN HIGHLIGHT-OF-THE-MONTH

It's Monday, I must be in...Dublin

Belated greetings from the beautiful land of Guinness, Green and Ikaw Rin!  No fooling, planning and preparing for our trip to Ireland consumed the entire month of February. As you may have heard, the Philippines closed its embassy in Dublin last year, so we had to set up shop and services there from scratch. In the meantime, the local Fil-com was getting a wee bit restless waiting.  Luckily (har!), we managed to pull everything off (although the sheer scale of the task required the embassy to make several return visits), make lots of new friends, and never got tired of explaining "No, no, no...our attaché's name is 'Umali', not 'O'Malley' " over the phone.
         









  


 I only posed for one picture, but was asked to join three boy bands


LLDD-HYPHEN-L / LLDD-BABY / LONDON LIVING HIGHLIGHT-OF-THE MONTH

I got nothing.  Seriously, the family couldn't go out because it was freezing in February and, like I said, most of my waking hours were already taken up by the Ireland trip.  Heck, I barely got back from Dublin in time for my wedding anniversary. The only thing that spared me the ire (har!) of the LLDD-Hyphen-L was the true story of how I rushed through the airport, overcame a cancelled flight, and caught the absolute last seat out of the country, Rom-Com style!   


My promise to take her to this Dublin shoe display also helped

No comments: