12.06.2016

'TIS THE SEASON TO BE PHOTOSHOPPIN'

Before we enter the annual Twelve days of Department offices' Christmas Greetings season, I'd just like to remind everyone in the Foreign Service that we should be good at photoshop all year round, and not just when Santa's watching. I myself dabbled in the dark arts during my stint as Office Concierge in London...




...and front-line offices back at Headquarters have long utilized 'Shop to create self-aware wallpaper.




Upon my recall to the Home Office, I was also most pleased to find photoshop in glorious use during senior officials' despedidas...




...and birthdays.




So foreign service photoshops are truly the gifts that keep on giving.


And yet...


My faith in this great tradition has just been shaken to its core by some early Christmas submissions of foreign service posts that openly flaunted photoshop on facebook...





...or resorted to making instagram videos ...




... and even (gasp!) took part in challenges




What's next, embassy gifs?! MEMES?!?!!!!!

I blame millennials.

No comments: