12.08.2017

NOT THE ACCELERATED SCHOOLING I HAD IN MIND FOR THE KID

We enrolled the LLDD-Baby at a local elementary school soon after her arrival in Sydney, despite the fact that the Australian school calendar only ran until mid-December and there were only a few weeks of classes left to attend.  I mean, why not -- the kid's bright, makes friends easily, and has wonderful parents looking to scrimp on tuition.   

But seriously, we catch the school just as it's going through its year-end culmination activities. This involved "Mountaintop", where parents got to go to their child's classroom and check out what they've been working on...

what it is is beautiful 

...then the school's junior choir and dance troupe got to do their thang 'front of everyone.


Cute stuff. I wasn't, however, ready for the conversation with the LLDD-Baby that followed on the way home:

"Dada, I'll be going to a disco"

"Ha ha. What you know about Disco"

"It's just for kids. No parents are allowed inside"


exsqueeze me?!?

She six-years old!!! How can you already expose her to Saturday Night Fever?!! It's my job to teach her about that Rumors and Zig-Zag life!! When she's like, 40!!!

I overreacted of course. Turns out, Primary School Discos are really a thing here, totally harmless fun, with service providers (similar to birthday party magicians) you can hire to host and everything. And parents are let in...in the last 10 minutes.

ok fine but I demand to see the 80s playlist at the next Parents-Teacher's Conference

No comments: