12.27.2017

THE DORKY DIPLOMAT DOWN UNDER YEAR IN REVIEW

More of last quarter of the year in review, because I left my old file photos back in Manila, and FerGer's facebook game is too strong for me to just copy.

Staged Presence

If a good picture of me speaking in public exists somewhere in social media, I have yet to find it.

#allhands #theconstipatedlook

Backyard of Death

There have always been lots of nervously funny articles about Australia's wildlife, but I always thought the creatures described therein could only be found in the outback, far from the comfort of suburbia. 

Ha.

Within a month of moving in, I found my next door neighbor proudly sipping a beer on his front porch, feet raised, and nodding towards the cage where he just trapped a possum that had torn out the tiles of his house's roof. That same night, while taking out the rubbish bins, I walked straight into a massive spider web clearly intended to capture someone of my size.

But wait, there's more.

  gah!

It's More Fun with the Fil-com

It's become part of my stump speech now: the Fil-com gatherings I've been to in Sydney so far feel more joyous, raucous and frequent than in London. And they seem soo immediately supportive and accepting of me here: at my first ever public address before the Fil-com (during a tribute to FerGer tribute, naturally), I killed like I was Adam Hills. At my second public event (a religious ceremony, of all things), I was mobbed at the post-mass salo-salo like a rock star. People were tugging at my coat non-stop, asking for a selfie with me.  I may have actually trended.  


I personally blame the weather. The sunshine is just so strong and certain in Sydney, everyone naturally cheers up, yet always ready to get DOWN

Punny Business

The business names in Sydney are no worse than anything in London, but no better than Petal Attraction and Baywash of Quezon City. What's more striking to me here is how brutally honest many businesses are with their brands -- and what it says about you for patronizing them.

what have I done with my life


Jumpshotaroo

It's always the right time and place in Sydney


 
Oh Dada, you're supposed to jump on new year's day, not dab. That's soooooooo 2016. 



No comments: